You need to have a high converting landing page so as to grow your email list. A landing page is the page that a web visitor lands on after clicking a link. It is a standalone web page, normally used for advertising or marketing purposes.
Have specific goals in mind when creating a landing page and a clear call-to-action. A landing page helps increase conversion rates. It has few links and usually promotes one product or service.
An optimized lead-capture form in the landing page collects information from the targeted leads. These leads are added to your email list where you are able to nurture them and give them a chance to know, like, and trust you.
Landing pages are an important part of the email marketing funnel. They prompt the interested audiences to take action and enable you to collect email addresses. Thereafter, you can then send personalized and timely emails and eventually convert your subscribers into clients or customers.
Features of a high converting landing page
- Clear, catchy, direct headline – Your headline should show clearly what your audience will get from you. You need to have a unique selling proposition that sets you apart from the rest. You can add a subheading to include extra information. Adding a supporting copy helps to clarify what your interested audience will get in exchange for their email addresses and other personal data.
- Visually appealing – Add relevant image or video to your landing page in order to make a good first impression.
- Outline the benefits of the product or service you are offering. When people know they will benefit from what you offer, they are more likely to take the recommended action.
- A focused and compelling call to action. Have one conversion goal for your landing page. Do not include other links that would cause people to leave the landing page before completing the action you want them to take.
- Social proof – You can include testimonials of people who have worked with you. This helps to show your interested audience that you can deliver the results they desire.
- Your landing pages should be short and provide only the essential information.
- You should provide highly valuable content that compels people to take action.
- Do not include unnecessary links that will distract people from your main goal.
- Have a clear straightforward call to action.
- The design should be appealing but simple and easy to navigate.
- Have an eye-catching headline to show exactly what you offer. You can include a subheading to add more information.
- Choose words carefully when writing your landing page copy. Let the copy feel personal, help the audience to visualize your product or service, and explain why your interested audience should take a specific action.
- Include an eye-catching, high-quality, relevant image. You can add a video where appropriate.
- Do not ask for more information than you need. Only ask for information that will help you serve your audience better.
- Add share buttons. People who find your resources helpful are like to share.
- Add testimonials to show people that what you offer produces the desired results.
- Your landing page should be mobile-friendly. Many people use mobile devices and therefore having a mobile-friendly page increases conversions.
- Lead your visitors to a thank you page after they sign up. You can create a thank you page on your website and direct people there after signing up on your landing page. On the thank you page, you can share additional relevant information and offer suggestions for other valuable resources, products, or services that you offer.
Download my free checklist and learn how to launch an online coaching business. Download Here.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.